5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Totes, scarves and Needle Rolls 

Finally some knitting content.

Here is the progress on the felted tote. I'm at the point of doing the I-cord strap slots but I can't make heads nor tails of the instructions. I'm thinking of just doing up button holes where I think the strap slots should be. Then it's just a matter of making the straps and the front flap and throwing it in the washer.


I've had some yummy Koigu that I bought from Carrisa at Knittingmaniac a few months ago. I've been trying to decide what to do with the 2 skeins. I'm just not up to making socks so I decided to do Frill once again - this time only the center pattern without the actual 'frill'

This is the progress made while sailing between Vancouver and Victoria last weekend. It doesn't seem like a lot but it would have been more if I hadn't casted on at least 4 times, knitting a few inches each time and ripping it all back. First it was too wide, then too narrow and finally it was just right. Except for the fact that I hadn't cast on enough stitches for the pattern repeats. Considering I work with numbers all day long, you'd think I'd be able to figure out that I needed multiples of 8 plus 3. Or is it multiples of 5 plus 3. Whatever it is, I've got the right number of stitches on the needle now.

And finally, I've made another knitting needle roll.

I'm hoping to set something up on ebay so that I can sell it and have the proceeds go to Oliver's Fund.




|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines