5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Bags, bags, bags 

I finally finished the front of the Shapely T, now it's just a matter of sewing the front and back together then picking up stitches around the armhole and knitting the sleeves. (will she make it before summer is over??) It's been temporarily put on hold again so that I can whip up another backtack package. (No, Backtack II hasn't started up yet, but the sign-up has so if you're interested, quick go check it out.) It seems that a few of the participants from the first one hadn't received their goodies, so I, along with many others, volunteered to do up another. I'd forgotten how much fun creating something with the sewing machine is. To the dismay of some in this family, it has now got what seems like a semi-permanent spot in the dining room. The ripple effect is that my laundry room looks like a tornado went through and family members are frequently asking where certain items of clothing are.




Here's some of the bags I've made recently from a pattern I found on Red Current's blog. She has links to so many creative sights, this bag pattern came from this one. Kathreen is preparing goodies for the craft table at her kid's school fair. I have to wonder if she's given up on sleep as she is turning out so many wonderful things. She and her sewing machine are in overdrive. I suspect her's will be the envy of all craft stalls and if it weren't for the fact that it would require a few thousand dollars and an 18 hour flight, I'd sure love to check it out.

Well, it's off to spend a half hour of knitting (felted needle pouch) before the rest of the house wakes up.



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines