5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Monday, March 19, 2007

Knit-Off Round 2 KO 

I was hoping to have a picture of my finished object from round 2 but it's not going to happen. The pattern was this lace doily. After realizing I was out of the running while rounding the 200m mark in a 400m race with Nonaknits, I decided I would still finish the race and take a picture of the doily in its new roll as dishcloth. But then I came to two conclusions -

I don't need another dishcloth and I hate knitting with cotton. So out came the 30+ rounds and back into a ball went the cotton.

I had hoped to get a jump on the competition by staying up to the wee hours on Friday night/Saturday morning, but I gave up at about 2:00am when the pattern still hadn't been posted. By the time I got up on Saturday morning around 8:30, the knitters in the UK and eastern US who had been knitting while I was sleeping were finishing up.

So, back to the other projects I've been working on.

Thanks again to Julie of YarnMonkey for organizing everything and good luck to the remaining 8 knitters still in the race!



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines