5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Sunday, January 14, 2007


I'm in a love/hate relationship.

There are times when everything is going swimmingly. Both parties are happy, content. There's co-operation, a little "I scratch your back, you scratch mine".

Then there are times when one of the parties just won't co-operate. Won't let the other know where it's been. Where. it. is.

I'm in a love/hate relationship with the socks in this household!

Why is it that when the people that populate this house wear socks, they (I'm assuming) wear them in pairs, yet when they are laundered they don't always go through the process like the animals in the ark. Or if they do, they don't come out the other side of the whole washing process with their mate?

I have a basket of socks in the laundry room that keeps growing and growing and I'd say 40% of the socks in that basket don't have a mate. The other 60% are waiting for someone to come and pair them up and put them in the drawers they belong in.

I hate sorting socks!

So where's the love side of this relationship you ask?

I love knitting socks. They're portable. As far as knitting something you can wear, they're a relatively quick knit. And best of all, they're one of a kind which makes finding their mate in a basket of laundry so much easier.

Here are the current socks in progress.

Yarn: Lorna's Laces in Periwinkle - a gift from Ivana. It's been almost two months of trying to find the right pattern for this yarn. I originally started on Traveler from Knitting on the Road but decided to frog it. Then Dipsy posted a pattern for socks that she whipped up on New Years day. A pair of socks in a day - can you imagine!

I figure I'll shoot for getting the pair done in a month.



eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines