5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Teeth and Tiny Babies 


I have sensitive teeth.

from Andertoon Cartoons

#5 has braces. Yesterday she had her regular monthly check-up and as an added bonus, she had an adjustment done to the braces on her lower teeth. For the past 36 plus hours we've been listening to the constant refrain - "my teeth hurt!" I've offered tylenol, compresses, popsicles, broth, a conk on the head, but there doesn't seem to be anything that will stop the pain, nor the complaining. I sure hope the pain lessens by tomorrow because she is one unhappy little camper.

And what's a mother to do when her little one won't be consoled? Why, hide outside and take pictures of a finished knitted object.

Fingerless gloves from
Petra















Yarn: Jaeger Trinity 'corn'

Started: February 1st
Finished: February 19th


Today starts the season of Lent. Annie came up with a great idea last year and has organized it again this year, that rather than giving something up for Lent, it would be a great idea to do something for others during this season.

I had promised to send some handknit items to Ruth quite some time ago and I think now is the time to make good on my promise. If anyone can point me in the direction of a pattern for teenie booties to go with the hats I'll be making, I'd appreciate it.



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines