5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Friday, March 09, 2007

Knit Off -- or -- What Was I Thinking? 

About a month or so ago, I signed up for Knit-Off. I'm not sure why I did it, a temporary moment of insanity I'm thinking but anyways...

Last Saturday was the start and after a fitful night's sleep of tossing and turning, dreaming of knitting against the clock (I know, I need to get a life - even in my dreams!), I awoke at the crack of dawn and logged onto the computer to get the mystery pattern. It was Uniscarfity - a brioche stitch scarf.

A quick scramble to get yarn and needles and in a silent kitchen, (another aside - it's still not quite finished, but almost there) just me, my supplies and my beagle, I set off to conquer the competition.

Who knew it would be so difficult! The first attempt was a bust and a few rows in, off the needles it went. And once various members of the household woke up and multiple conversations started happening, the second, third, and fourth attempts were frogged too.

Life's necessities took precedence over knitting as the day began to unfold so the scarf was tossed aside. One last attempt was made in the evening and finally the mystery of the pattern was conquered.

Luckily (?) the group I was 'racing' against wasn't filled with keen knitters with an abundance of time on their hands because on Tuesday night, 4 days after the start and with about 8 hours of knitting time invested, I finally finished this baby. While I was initially cursing the scarf and the pattern, once I got the hang of it, I actually grew to like it. Front and back.

The next round and mystery pattern are up on March 17th and I'm going head to head with Nonaknits. I'm thinking I should just throw in the towel now.....



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines