5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Slipping out of the medals? 

What was I thinking? I feel like a cross country skier entered into the 15km, who half way into it runs out of steam and thinks to themself, "You know, if only I'd trained (read swatched, calculated, THOUGHT!), I'd have realized I'm more suited to the 5km race.

This Knitting Olympics entrelac blanket is taking much longer than anticipated. I'm calculating that each "rectangle" is taking me 10 minutes and each "row" has 12 of them. Simple math... 2 hours (YES 2 HOURS!) to complete one "row". So far at day 10 I have 6.5 rows completed.

I think the blanket is getting a little anxious also. It's taken to following me to work. And it's not content to be knit only during lunch break. It pokes out of my briefcase and demands that I knit on it at long traffic lights.



Better go now, I think something pointy is poking me in the back.

Don't forget to enter the contest from the Feb 7th posting. The answer to one half of the question is right there in the picture.



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines