5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Aging Eyes 

When I was around 15, 16 years old, it seemed like most of my friends were either getting braces or glasses or both. I, thankfully I'm sure for my parents, had both straight teeth and perfect vision. But as I mentioned in a past post, I'm a kind of "grass is always greener..." person. I used to wish I needed glasses. Call me crazy. I also used to envy one of my cousins who had naturally curly hair. Mine was poker straight. I used to envy another cousin who had beautiful thin blonde hair. Mine was thick, thick, thick and brown. Well, now that we're all older, the cousin with the curls goes through quite a regular procedure to straighten it and the other cousin and I have the same colour hair; grey. (That is we would have if we both didn't use those handy little products to cover the grey.) Another thing that we've acquired now that we're older - glasses. All I had to do was wait 30 years. Of course now that I have them, I don't want them.

Here they are posing with my newest project.
Yes Li, you thought this was a knitting blog, but it's taken a slight detour. Quite some time ago, I signed up for a needlepoint RR with someone in Italy. I have to stitch a flower and send the canvas off to someone in Missouri while I wait for a canvas to arrive with a flower stitched by someone in Belgium. Eventually there will be a rotation involving 6 of us and I should end up with my original canvas back with the addition of flowers stitched by the other 5 women. This has to be in the mail by the 15th. After that, it's back to the socks.



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines