5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Tale of Two Socks 

Finally, the camera my son has returned.

A picture of two socks knit with the yarn received from Bertha.

The left is the Lacy Scallop Sock from this site. I like the pattern, especially the tricot edge (which you can't see) that at one time meant having 9 needles on the go. But I think the combination of scalloping and patterning yarn is just too busy and one gets lost because of the other. Of course once starting the sock, I couldn't bail and rip it out. I had to finish it just to see if I might change my mind.

I didn't, therefore I didn't knit sock #2 using that pattern. The one thing I really liked about this sock however was the heel. It's a slip 1 knit 1 pattern that produced a nice thick comfy feel. So I decided to make a second sock entirely in this S1 K1 pattern.

So now it is decision time. Rip out the left sock or rip out the right.
Or wear two different socks.

As for the socks that are to be made in time for Christmas...one pair down, 4 pair to go.

There was a bit of a diversion this past Sunday. Stay tuned for Friday's post when I tell the tale of the Yule Log and the Root Ball (and no, it's got nothing to do with Christmas baking!)



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines