5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Monday, July 02, 2007

Anticipation Far Exceeds the Actual Event 

No, that's not what my advice was to the soon-to-be-wed Londoner. It is however, my advice to #4 and our 'adopted' #6. They've been anxiously awaiting the posting of a picture I took a few weeks back.

Have you ever tried the Beer Can Chicken recipe?. I'd heard so much about it, I decided to give it a go and of course, I couldn't resist taking a picture of the crazy looking bird before it was put on the BBQ.

Here in all of its glory is the Beer Can Chicken.

That's right, that's all it is. See what I mean about anticipation girls?

Actually, the recipe was a bit the same way. I was expecting a fantastically juicy bird, and it just wasn't that spectacular. I think this recipe is far, far better.

As for the marital advice..... #2 gave similar advice to what a few of you commented on. Don't give up on your interests/activities once your married. My advice - not so serious (or maybe it was) Don't believe him when he tells you everyone else is doing it 7 days a week, and twice on Saturdays! They're not!

Canada Day weekend has come and gone and what did we do? It seems a little "unpatriotic" to be going after the tree that bears the leaf that is a symbol of our country on the day set aside for celebrating the country, but what the heck. We thinned out the maple tree in our back yard. It's a beautifully majestic tree, but the darn thing grows like a gigantic weed. The poor garden beneath it is starved for light, so we decided to give it a thinning.

This is just a small portion of what was cut down, but I don't think they'll be missed.





The tree is still a big beast.

And when there wasn't gardening, there was time for knitting. One sock down and about 20% of sock number two done.


Cookie A's pattern German Stocking heading off to a fellow Canadian for Sockapalooza 4.
(crappy lighting today for an outside shot.)



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines