5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Monday, May 23, 2005

Before there was Clapotis..... 

There was...
...the frill. In the Spring 2004 issue of knitty there is a pattern for a beautiful wrap that uses a ravelled rib stitch to form a "frill" at the ends with a lovely lace pattern as the body. I was experimenting with the frill part and decided I'd try a scarf with just the ravelled rib. Then in the Fall 2004 issue of knitty, along comes the Clapotis. I haven't tried the Clapotis (although it seams that 75% of the knitting bloggers have) but the principle is the same. Knit and purl away then watch in excited anticipation for the unravelled stitches to transform your project. I haven't gotten to the unravelling part yet. This scarf is for my older daughter and although it now measures 60 inches, she would like it longer. I originally ordered 2 skiens of this yarn (Esslinger Wolle - Fidji) as an add on to some Noro that I'd 'won' on ebay and I wasn't too sure what I was going to do with it. Once I'd decided on the scarf, I soon realized that 2 skiens wasn't going to cut it. I contacted the seller and purchased her remaining 2 skiens. At 60 inches, I'm about 1/4 through the final skien. Of course when I ordered the second batch, I couldn't pay freight for just those two, so I had to get more stuff to justify (in my mind) the cost of shipping. I now have 10 skiens of Galway for a future felting project and some self striping yarn for socks. There's always a reason for getting more yarn isn't there. Why pay $7.50 for shipping 2 skiens when you can pay the same and get more. (Never mind the fact that the overall bill gets bigger with the more goods you buy)



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines