5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Tres 


What a way to spend a Friday night. This is the first time I've seen U2 in concert and wow what a show. The crowd didn't sit down all night.

We had pretty good seats, the last row before the box suites and just a little to the side of the stage. I had gone on line the morning the tickets went on sale and in the space of 5 minutes, if that, the first show was sold out and I was so disappointed. Thankfully there was a second show added and 3 tickets came up as available. It said they were "beside stage", but I figured there was no sense in trying for anything else, I was lucky to get those. I was hoping we wouldn't be getting a peek-a-boo view, but they were great. The way they had the stage configured, I don't think there was a bad seat in the house.

I thought I'd sneak in our cell and take a few pictures, but my son went the night before and he said to take the camera. Everyone was taking pictures. I'm so glad we did. We got some fairly decent pictures and since our camera takes small snipets of video, my husband even got some great video footage.

I've been a fan of U2 for at least 20 years. Well, okay, I didn't much care for Zooropa and Pop was so, so. But Joshua Tree was one of the first CD's we bought (instead of an LP) and listening to it was something that kept me sane through the sleep deprived state of new motherhood all those years ago.

I wish I had gone to see them live in the years they've come to town. I sure hope there's another chance in the next few years. Of course if I was independently wealthy, I'd just hop around the globe and catch their shows in other cities. No such luck. But I sure was lucky this past Friday.



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines