5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Manos Mania 


A few months back I purchased two skeins of blue multi-coloured Manos del Uruguay on ebay. It was a little more than expected after customs decided to open it and charge me GST and a filing fee. The original cost of the wool plus shipping was $41 CDN. Not bad I thought when you consider that the closest LYS is a 35 to 40 minute drive away and their cost is $18 CDN per skein plus taxes. Unfortunately, the seller put $50 on the customs sticker - it was opened up and after all was said and done the total cost to me was $52 CDN.

I decided to try and squeeze two scarves out of the wool so that I could get as much bang for the buck. Thus - Manos and Mini-Manos. They were made using Karen's Multidirectional Scarf pattern. The picture doesn't really show the details of the changing direction.

The brown scarf is also Manos purchased on ebay. This time a little more reasonably priced at $18 CDN including shipping for one skein. The pattern used is My So-Called Scarf.



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines