5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Fun Way to Spend the Weekend 


This isn't our kitchen, but because I STILL can't find the camera, it will have to stand as a representation of what ours looks like now.

Yesterday was spent emptying the cupboards of all their contents, ripping out the cupboards, the floor tile and the backsplash. Tons of fun. This week the new cabinets are installed, but it will be at least another 3 weeks before the countertops and floorig are in. Three weeks without a functioning kitchen. Three weeks of dinners for 5 made on the barbeque or in the microwave. Or maybe more visits to the parents' houses.

Needless to say, not much knitting happening these days. Thank goodness the sock wars started last weekend. I still haven't received a completed pair, so I'm still alive, but I haven't received a partially finished pair from my victim. Which brings me to an apology to my victim. I knit her pair in the only DK I had on hand which turned out to be cotton. I should have worked some fingering weight wool in with it so that they didn't come out so loose. I think the ribbing is loose enough to fit over an elephant's ankles. Sorry Eve!

Back to the insanity.



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines