5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Thursday, July 14, 2005

A Day Full of Nice Suprises 

Yesterday I came home from work to find a few nice suprises. Before I'd left for work (actually, stolen out of the house like a thief in the night while the rest of the family still slept), I left a note to the kids listing chores for each of them to complete. Nothing too taxing, don't want to frighten them off, but one of the chores was to sweep the front steps and driveway. We have a beautiful silver birch tree at the front of our house and for 12 months of the year it's always shedding something. As I pulled into the driveway my heart was lightened to see it was free of leaves. When I got to the front door, my heart skipped when I saw this.
My much anticipated backtack parcel had arrived! Yippee!

And it kept getting better. The floors were vacuumed, the plants were watered, a load of towels was washed and flapping on the clothesline and the dishes had been washed. After thanking the kids for their efforts (gotta keep the workers happy), I grabbed a freshly washed kitchen knife and sliced open the parcel.
What a lovely bunch of goodies made by Allison at Perknitious
A handy roll for my knitting supplies made with richly coloured fabric, a wallet for my sewing needles and this little cutie. She's too nice to stick pins into. And of course the goodies tucked in the package. I love the tape measure and was thrilled to see the row counter hidden behind it. I've been meaning to pick up one of those for the longest time. I have no idea where my old one got to. A great set of kid's knitting needles so I can get the youngest hooked on the pastime as well as some lovely stitch markers. Thank you so much, Allison. The work you did is fantastic and so appreciated. And we all loved the yummy treats. Good luck to you on your move from sunny California to the Windy City.

It was a fun project, wasn't it? A big thanks also to Nicole and Alison who put the whole thing together.



|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines