5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Friday, March 20, 2009

Golden West - Stage 1 


The knitting portion of Golden West sock #1 is almost complete. I just need to produce a second 'boot strap' and then it's on to the embroidery.

The boot strap was to be done using the technique of Double Knitting. Do you think I could figure that out? I searched for tutorials online, watched, read, tried.....failed. I ended up picking up 12 stitiches and knitting a circular strap on double points. It's a little thicker than I would like and I don't know if double knitting would provide a somewhat flatter strap.

Any suggestions? Any Double Knitting for Dummies? Maybe I should just try an i-cord.

B's birthday is on the 28th so it's going to be a weekend of knitting to get everything done in time.

Labels:




|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines