5 And A Beagle

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

4 Stages of Stash Busting 

I've been making fairly good progress in working my way through some of the yarn that has accumulated around here.



#5 went through the stash and pulled out a collection of 'fun fur' yarn and asked me to make a pillow for her. A quick evening project and about 2-1/2, 3 skeins of yarn put to good use.










During a trip to Michael's over the Christmas season, I came across some sock yarn I'd not seen before and had to give it a try.

On sale for $4 per, I picked up a couple of skeins. A simple, basic stockinette stitch sock with Patons Stretch Sock yarn.


I received a lovely skein of Socks that Rock yarn as a Christmas gift and have been slowly working my way through the Cable Sock pattern from the Interweave Knits Favorites Socks book.


And last but not least, I found a kit that I'd completely forgotten about from the 2008 Tsarina Tsock Club. It's the Golden West sock and it's absolutely perfect for the upcoming birthday of #3's girlfriend.


She works as a riding instructor at the local equestrian centre and these are just in the beginning stages, but will hopefully knit up into this.

This is an interesting pattern that starts with an i-cord band around the ankle from which stitches are picked up to knit down the foot and then up the leg, with embroidered embellishments added later.

Labels:




|

[Top]

eXTReMe Tracker Subscribe with Bloglines